Fatal crash closes junction of A12
ONE person has died and another person is fighting for their life after an accident in the early hours of today.
The crash happened at the junction of the M25 and A12 at around 5.40am.
At least three vehicles were involved and the clockwise carriageway of the M25 has been completely blocked.
A spokesman for Essex police said: “The current situation is that we believe one person is dead, two people have been taken to Queens Hospital, one of them is in a critical condition and one person has been taken to Basildon University Hospital with serious injuries.”
The Highways Agency is advising motorists to avoid the route as around six-miles of trapped traffic, stuck behind the crash, are being turned around.
You may also want to watch:
The road is expected to remain closed for much of today and there are delays in the anti-clockwise carriageway of the M25 as traffic slows near to the crash scene.
Diversions are currently in place.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 3 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 4 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 7 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
Six fire crews were called from London and south Essex to attended at the scene, where two people were trapped by the accident.