Disruption on trains from Liverpool Street to Stansted Airport
- Credit: Archant
Commuters are experiencing long delays to rail services this morning following a major signalling system fault.
All lines are blocked between Stratford and Lea Bridge and disruption is expected all morning.
Greater Anglia says the problem is affecting one of its depots which trains depart from to form services from London Liverpool Street towards Stansted Airport and Bishop’s Stortford.
A bus service has been put in place Bishops Stortford to Stansted Airport.
Greater Anglia says it is slowly getting trains out of the depot and entering them into service, but has been further hampered by another signal problem between Tottenham Hale and Hackney Downs.
You may also want to watch:
All services this morning are currently subject to long delays, alterations and cancellations.
There will be a bus service for Stansted airport passengers from Stansted to Witham to deal with the passenger flow.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology
This will be in operation from 10:00-11:00 until further notice.