Faulty freight train at Kennett will disrupt rail services between Cambridge and Ipswich all night
- Credit: Archant
Rail services between Ipswich and Cambridge are facing disruption tonight due to a faulty freight train.
Greater Anglia said the train developed a fault at Kennett earlier this evening, blocking the Ipswich line.
“Train services running through this station may be cancelled, delayed or revised,” a spokesman said.
“Disruption is expected until the end of the day.”
The 21.17 Ipswich to Cambridge and 21.44 Cambridge to Ipswich services have been affected.
You may also want to watch:
“Greater Anglia and Network Rail are sorry if your journey has been affected by this disruption,” the spokesman added.
Advance purchase tickets holders will be allowed to travel on earlier or later trains if their service is cancelled.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
Passengers whose journey has been delayed by 30 minutes or more may be entitled to compensation.
Visit here for details.