Felixstowe: Bank Holiday road closures as runners take to the streets for Rotary fun run
- Credit: Archant
ROAD closures have been announced in Felixstowe on Bank Holiday Monday to enable the town’s annual Rotary fun run to take place.
Around 700 runners are expected to take part in the hour-long event, which sets off at 11am from outside the Spa Pavilion.
Fun run director Mike Watkin said Bath Hill, Cambridge Road, Hamilton Gardens, Bent Hill, Undercliff Road West from the Spa car park to Bent Hill, and Cobbold Road from Bath Hill to Cambridge road junctions, would be closed from 10.30am to 12.15pm.
He said: “We hope that residents in these roads will not experience any undue inconvenience and offer our aplogies in the event that they do.
“Please ask the marshalls for assistance if you need to enter or leave closed roads.”
You may also want to watch:
There is still time to enter the run – at a cost of £6 for adults and £4 for under-16s.
Sponsorship forms are available from The Felixstowe Star office or Diamond Mills in Hamilton Road, Felixstowe.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 4 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 5 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 9 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 10 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash