Boy, 12, grabbed by the neck in incident near Lidl and McDonald’s
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for help in identifying a man suspected of grabbing a 12-year-old boy by the neck and shoving him to the floor in Felixstowe.
Suffolk police said the incident happened just before 5pm on Saturday, July 4 in front of the Lidl supermarket and McDonald’s restaurant in Haven Exchange.
A man started shouting at a group of children before he grabbed a boy by the neck and pushed him over.
The man, who was unknown to the children, then walked off in the direction of the Lidl store, while a member of the public checked on the victim.
The suspect is described as a white man in his 40s or 50s, of stocky build and was bald.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing dark trousers and shoes, a black t-shirt and dark sunglasses.
Anyone with information related to the incident is urged to contact police quoting crime reference 37/37467/20.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 Three vehicle crash causing delays near Ipswich