Felixstowe: Boy taken to hospital after finger trapped in deck chair on beach

Felixstowe beach

Felixstowe beach - Credit: Archant

A boy was injured on the beach at Felixstowe when his finger got caught in a deck chair.

An off-duty member of the coastguard reported the accident at about 4.30pm on Sunday.

A spokesman for Thames Coastguard said the boy had badly injured his finger which may need amputating.

The young boy was in shock and was given first aid at the scene.

The coastguard and an ambulance were called before he was taken to Ipswich Hospital.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus