Felixstowe: Dean aiming to be in seventh heaven
- Credit: Archant
World record breaker Dean Gould is joining a Magnificent Seven of specialists in unusual talents for a unique feat.
The group, who are styling themselves as the heroes of the classic western film, all hold different records and will be trying to break them all on the same day.
The seven have more than 170 years of experience in record-breaking between them and hold hundreds of records in total.
Mr Gould, of 49, of Church Road, Old Felixstowe, said: “On the day we will be spread around the country, each trying to break a record in front of witnesses and then telephoning each other say to say how we got on.
“The aim is to set seven records as a group in under ten minutes – and that will be an unbelievable joint record in itself.
You may also want to watch:
“The records will be for one finger push-ups, step-ups carrying weight, drop push-ups, sausage eating, beer mat flipping, carrying weight with teeth and walking with 100 glasses of beer on their head.”
Father-of-three Mr Gould, who runs the Record Holders Republic website, holds 30 records for unusual activities, including beer mat flipping, coin snatching, stamp licking, eating and memory feats.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 5 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 9 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 10 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
For the event on October 4, he will be at the Royal British Legion, Mill Lane, Felixstowe, between noon and 2pm attempting the quickest time to flip 1,000 beermats.
The others taking part will be in Derbyshire, Shropshire, Birmingham and Kent.
Mr Gould said: “I am really looking forward to it and it should be a great challenge.”