Felixstowe Ferry Sailing Club’s RNLI Music and Beer Festival raised £3,000 for Harwich lifesavers
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk sailors have trebled their support for lifesavers at sea after extending an annual fundraiser to include an entire weekend of family focused events.
Felixstowe Ferry Sailing Club’s RNLI Music and Beer Festival is expected to have raised more than £3,000 for the charity’s Harwich branch.
More than 1,000 visitors were able to watch live bands, take tours of the lifeboat, try sailing and more.
Club commodore Colin Lister said the event went “extremely well” and helped demonstrate the “total admiration” members had for the RNLI.
“This was the first time in many years we held it over three days and we’ve more than trebled the amount raised as a result,” he added.
“It’s a lot of work but it’s worth doing. As a club we always feel it’s important to support the RNLI.”
The club is holding a fundraising dinner for the RNLI on Friday, October 27.
Email here for information.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 6 A12 blocked following two vehicle crash
- 7 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 8 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 9 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143