Felixstowe: Five artists open studios to the public
- Credit: Archant
Art-lovers in Felixstowe will be able to meet the creators of ceramics, glass work and textiles when they open their studios to the public as part of a special month-long event.
Five artists from the resort – Naomi Brangwyn, Louise Greenwood, Cherrie Stevens, Sharon Taylor and Mary Wyatt – are taking part in Suffolk Open Studios, an opportunity for people to see artists at work where they work, and discuss with them their materials, techniques and inspirations.
They are opening their studios at weekends.
Glass artist Naomi Brangwyn wil be opening her studio at 32 Higfield Road on June 8/9, June 15/16, June 22/23 and June 29/30 and textile worker Cherrie Stevens will be open at Studio oneone 3, 113 Undercliff Road West, all of the dates except June 9.
Ceramics artist Mary Wyatt will be open all the weekends except June 15/16, and her fellow ceramics worker Louise Greenwood will be open on June 22/23, while textile specialist Sharon Taylor will be open June 29/30.
Mrs Wyatt said: “It should prove really interesting for people and is a chance for visitors to meet the artists and see them at work and find out more about how a piece of artwork is created.”
For full details visit www.suffolkopenstudios.co.uk
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 5 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 6 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 7 'If we're clever there's lots to learn' - McKenna on Town's Bolton lessons
- 8 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 10 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month