Felixstowe homes without electricity after fire affects electricity pole
- Credit: Archant
Electricity was cut off to nearly 100 homes in Felixstowe this afternoon after a fire affected an electricity pole in Tomline Road.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was notified of the fire at 1.42pm.
A spokesman for the fire service said due to its dangerous condition, the crew stood by and handed the situation over to UK Power Netowrks when they arrived on scene.
Crews had left the scene 3pm.
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said at 5.20pm: “UK Power Networks engineers are working to restore electricity supplies to 28 customers in the Tomline Road area.
You may also want to watch:
“We isolated supplies to 96 customers in order to make the equipment safe and carry out repairs.
“We managed to reconnect 68 properties by 3.20pm and work is progressing to restore remaining supplies.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
- 7 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 8 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 9 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
“We are sorry for any inconvenience caused and are working to reconnect all supplies as swiftly as possible.”