Felixstowe: Investigation after man attacked in Langer Road
A 31-year-old man suffered face injuries after being attacked in the street in Felixstowe in the early hours.
Police said the wounded man suffered various injuries including a suspected broken jaw during the incident, which took place in Langer Road, close to the junction with Cavendish Road, around 1.30am yesterday.
A member of the public saw the victim being attacked by two men and a number of people – including several moped users wearing helmets – standing watching the incident.
Other members of the public then tried to intervene and help the 31-year-old.
“Officers are investigating exactly what occurred and need to trace two men described as in their early 20s, wearing jeans and white T-shirts, one around 6ft 3ins tall, of stocky muscular build with a shaved head, the other around 5ft 10ins tall of average build with short dark hair,” said a police spokeswoman.
“Both ran off in the direction of Sea Road following the incident.”
Police have spoken to several witnesses but still need to speak to anyone who saw the assault, or what happened prior to it, or anyone with information about the two offenders.
- 1 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 7 'The bigger picture is the result' - Cook on Crewe win
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Crewe win
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home
- 10 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
Anyone with information is asked to call Suffolk Coastal CID on 101.