Felixstowe: Jewellers window smashed in attempted burglary
THE FRONT window of a jewellers has been smashed in an attempted burglary.
Police received a call from a member of staff at Hill’s the Jewellers in Orwell Road, Felixstowe, reporting that an offender had smashed the front window and left the scene.
Officers are treating the incident, which happened at 1.35pm, as an attempted burglary.
Two men were seen to run off towards Leopold Road.
Initial reports indicate that nothing has been stolen from the shop.
You may also want to watch:
A hammer has been recovered from the scene and an area around the shop has been cordoned off while officers conduct their enquiries.
Both men are described as being in their 20s, around 5’10’’ tall, one wore a green hooded top, green padded ‘Barbour’ style jacket and jeans, the other wore a grey padded ‘Barbour’ style jacket and dark coloured tracksuit bottoms.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 7 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 8 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 9 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 10 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
If you were in the area and have any information in relation to this incident calls should be made to Suffolk Police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.