Court hears details of Felixstowe man’s child sex offence
- Credit: ARCHANT
A Suffolk man is awaiting sentence after he admitted attempting to arrange a child sex offence.
Before Ipswich Crown Court for a plea and trial preparation hearing was Clifford Peel, 56, of High Road West, Felixstowe.
He admitted attempting to arrange or facilitate the commission of a child sex offence in any part of the world, namely the rape of a child under the age of 13, between June 13 and June 16 last year. He also admitted making an indecent picture of a child and possessing an extreme pornographic image in June last year.
Pail Donegan, for Peel, asked the court to adjourn sentence to allow a pre-sentence report to be prepared on his client.
Judge David Goodin agreed to adjourn for three weeks for an “all options” pre-sentence to be prepared on Peel.
Peter Gair said a sexual harm prevention order had been prepared for consideration by the court at the next hearing.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 6 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 7 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 8 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 9 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 10 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park