Felixstowe model railway group to host first open day of 2018
- Credit: Su Anderson
A host of miniature railways will snake around Trimley St Martin’s Welcome Hall next month as the Felixstowe Area N Gauge Model Railway Group host its first open day of the year.
Modular layouts, including Trevor Buck’s military modules, and new layouts by members Ed Flowers and Sam and George Ayres are set to be the star attractions at the event on Saturday, March 24.
And as usual, the club are keen for members of the public to bring along their own model trains to run on the tracks.
As well as the miniature train circuits, there will be trade stalls from Orwell Models and Wookery Nook Scenics, a book stall from Carol Sutherland and a second hand stall.
Entrance is free and there is free on-street parking nearby. Light refreshments will be served throughout the day.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the group visit www.felixstowengauge.org.uk
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 3 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 4 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 5 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 6 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 7 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 8 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 9 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen
- 10 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family