Felixstowe: Police hunt man believed to have approached two young girls in less than a week
- Credit: Archant
Police are on the hunt for a man who tried to snatch a skateboard from an 11-year-old girl - the second time in less than a week the man is believed to have approached a young girl.
The incident occurred at around 8.25am on Thursday, near to the Kingsfleet Road entrance to Coronation Park in Felixstowe.
The victim was approached by the man who asked her questions including her age and name, but she told him to leave her alone and then walked around the park to get away from him.
The man initially began to follow her into the park, but then turned around.
However, he reappeared when the victim returned to the Kingsfleet Road entrance, at which point he made what police called an “inappropriate remark” to the girl and tried to grab her skateboard, which she was carrying.
You may also want to watch:
The girl pulled the skateboard away from him and ran back into the park towards the Coronation Road entrance, where she hid for five minutes until she believed the man had gone.
The incident follows on from one in Coronation Drive, Felixstowe at around 5.30pm on Sunday, where a man with a similar description approached a 12-year-old girl.
The girl was walking home near the Philip Avenue junction when she noticed a man leaning against a vehicle. He then approached her and tried to talk to her.
- 1 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 2 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 3 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 4 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 5 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 6 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 7 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 8 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 9 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 10 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
She continued walking, but the man followed her for a short distance and kept trying to talk to her before she ran home.
The man is described as black, aged in his twenties, between 5ft 9in and 6ft tall, of skinny build, with short hair, clean shaven and a gold tooth to the upper left side of his mouth.
During Thursday’s incident he was wearing an earring in his left ear described as a skull and crossbones stud, a gold ring on the left ring finger and a silver watch on the right wrist.
He wore a grey hooded zip-up jacket with black trim pockets, matching grey tracksuit bottoms which were tucked into black socks with red and white dots, a red t-shirt, and white Nike trainers with a blue ‘swoosh’ and tongue.
On Sunday he was described as wearing a grey hooded tracksuit top, a black baseball cap and carrying a black shoulder bag.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact PC Nicholas Black at Felixstowe Police Station on 101, quoting reference FE/14/686, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.