Felixstowe: Police investigate two arson attacks at resort
POLICE in Felixstowe are investigating two suspected arson incidents – after bins were set on fire.
A young man and a woman are being sought after a plastic waste bin outside the Co-op store in Walton High Street was set alight.
The bin was completely melted and burnt out and brickwork on the building was scorched in the fire around 2.50am yesterday.
The man is described as white, in his late teens to 20s, of slim build, with short fair hair and was wearing a white T-shirt with writing on it, while the woman had shoulder length fair hair, wore a grey hooded top and white trainers and was carrying a large brown handbag.
Meanwhile, a bin outside the Spa Pavilion, Undercliff Road West, was set alight between 7pm and 7.55pm on Friday night. Police are also treating this as arson and are investigating.
Anyone with information about either incident is asked to contact the Felixstowe Safer Neighbourhood Team on 101.
- 1 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 4 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 5 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 6 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 7 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 8 Look inside: Stunning £3m home is most expensive on market in Suffolk
- 9 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 10 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking