Felixstowe: Police trying to identify man who fell and died in Undercliff Road West, Felixstowe
- Credit: Archant
POLICE are today appealing for help to identify an elderly man who died after falling over in a seafront street.
Emergency services were alerted after a member of the public saw the man fall over in Undercliff Road West in Felixstowe, hitting a wall as he fell.
The incident happened around 11.30pm on Friday and the man was taken to Ipswich hospital.
Police were informed at 12.50am on Saturday that the man had died.
Officers are carrying out inquiries to try and identify the man, but the only item in his possession was a leather wallet containing three keys – and no form of identification and no reference to where he came from.
You may also want to watch:
“Police officers have made extensive enquiries at local homes and blocks of flats in the area to see if anyone knows who he is but, so far, this has been unsuccessful,” said a police spokeswoman.
The man is described as white, likely to be aged over 70, around 5ft 8ins to 5ft 9ins tall, of thin build, with grey receding hair.
- 1 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 6 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 How busy was Bury St Edmunds town centre as lockdown eased?
- 9 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 10 A14 closed after serious crash between van and car
He was was wearing a three-quarter length rain mac in a creamy-khaki colour, a Tweed suit jacket, a coral/pink coloured jumper, blue corduroy trousers, black leather gloves and brown suede lace-up shoes. He also has a faded tattoo on his forearm that appears to be a snake wrapped around a dagger.
There are no suspicious circumstances to the death and a post mortem will be held in due course to determine how he died.
Anyone who may have information that may help police identify the man is asked to contact the duty sergeant at Felixstowe police station by dialling 101.