Felixstowe: Prezzo set to open in seaside town next week
- Credit: Archant
Twenty new jobs will be created in Felixstowe next week when a new restaurant opens its doors.
Italian restaurant Prezzo is due to open on the site of the former Candler & Sons furniture store in Hamilton Road on Tuesday and has cost £600,000 to develop.
The restaurant will have seating for 170 diners – with 106 in the restaurant, 40 in a rear garden courtyard and an additional 24 in a pavement seating area. It has an option to extend upstairs in future.
Contractors have carried out a complete refurbishment, including alterations and repairs to the building’s structure.
Prezzo chief executive Jonathan Kaye said: “The restaurant will serve the highest quality food in comfortable and stylish surroundings and I believe that it will be a good addition to Felixstowe’s social scene.”
You may also want to watch:
The restaurant will serve popular and innovative Italian food, including a range of pizza and pasta and grills, plus tapas-style small main courses, aimed at people sharing together, plus a children’s menu.
It will be open from noon until 11pm throughout the week.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 5 Woman's body found in village home
- 6 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 7 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
Candler & Sons was part of Felixstowe’s shopping street for a century until it closed last year with the retirment of its owner. Its warehouse and rear yard are being converted into seven business units.