Felixstowe: Prezzo set to open in seaside town next week
- Credit: Archant
Twenty new jobs will be created in Felixstowe next week when a new restaurant opens its doors.
Italian restaurant Prezzo is due to open on the site of the former Candler & Sons furniture store in Hamilton Road on Tuesday and has cost £600,000 to develop.
The restaurant will have seating for 170 diners – with 106 in the restaurant, 40 in a rear garden courtyard and an additional 24 in a pavement seating area. It has an option to extend upstairs in future.
Contractors have carried out a complete refurbishment, including alterations and repairs to the building’s structure.
Prezzo chief executive Jonathan Kaye said: “The restaurant will serve the highest quality food in comfortable and stylish surroundings and I believe that it will be a good addition to Felixstowe’s social scene.”
The restaurant will serve popular and innovative Italian food, including a range of pizza and pasta and grills, plus tapas-style small main courses, aimed at people sharing together, plus a children’s menu.
It will be open from noon until 11pm throughout the week.
- 1 A14 westbound closed after car catches fire
- 2 'There are still areas we want to improve' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 3 'Eyesore' Suffolk seafront hotel for sale for £2million
- 4 Council has 'no plans' to alter verge cutting schedule in Suffolk
- 5 Town in negotiations with Aberdeen over Hladky sale
- 6 Plans for 5 'very large homes' in Suffolk village turned down
- 7 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 8 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 9 Stuart Taylor sacked by Hamilton
- 10 Ipswich Town appoint new Academy Manager
Candler & Sons was part of Felixstowe’s shopping street for a century until it closed last year with the retirment of its owner. Its warehouse and rear yard are being converted into seven business units.