Felixstowe: Question time over changes to health services
- Credit: Archant
PEOPLE interested in changes to the way health services will be provided in Felixstowe are being urged to attend a “question time” event.
Private health company Serco, which now runs the majority of the county’s community healthcare services, including Felixstowe Community Hospital, is holding a consultation meeting in the council chamber at Felixstowe Town Hall.
It will take place at the civic building in Undercliff Road West, on Tuesday, April 9 from 7-9pm.
The firm – which is proposing to axe about 137 community health jobs – says the event is a chance for people to find out about its plans to extend service hours, introduce mobile technology for frontline staff, and centralise its administration.
Roy Gray, chairman of the Felixstowe Save Our Hospital Action Group, said he hoped as many people as possible would attend the event.
He said: “This is very short notice and an easier-to-get-to town centre venue would have been better, but we hope people will be able to attend to hear what Serco have to say, express any concerns they might have, and ask questions.
“We’d like some assurances over services we have and would like to hear that more clinics will be held at our hospital to save people travelling to Ipswich.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 2 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 5 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 6 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 7 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 8 Charlton boss Jackson on Bonne's 'point to prove', Addicks' interest in Pigott and Cook's sacking
- 9 Battle of the caretakers, good omens and McGreal's possible rejig... Charlton v Ipswich
- 10 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk ahead of Storm Barra's arrival