‘A real spectacle to remember’ – New steampunk festival to launch in Suffolk
- Credit: Steampunk Festival
A steampunk “extravaganza” is launching on the Suffolk coast, featuring curiosities with a Halloween twist.
The inaugural Felixstowe Steampunk Halloween Festival takes place at Landguard Fort and Felixstowe Museum this Saturday and Sunday.
Fusing the Victorian era with technological advancements, the steampunk ethos offers up eccentric inventions such as steam-driven airships to mechanical time machines.
Organisers of the family festival say it is “packed with steampunk curiosities”.
Attractions include live music, magic shows, birds of prey, a Meccano display, hamster racing and Wild-West style shoot-outs.
Children can learn archery, meet Bob the Steampunk Dog and solve the pumpkin quiz trail, while adults are invited to visit the Time Travelling Tea Tent, explore the Steampunk marketplace and enjoy the wacky Wattingers.
Visitors are encouraged to dress in their “steampunk finery”.
- 1 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 2 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 3 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park
- 4 20 fire engines and 90 firefighters contain large forest blaze
- 5 Complaints of 'terrible smell' coming from Melton animal crematorium
- 6 Suffolk letting agent admits swindling customers out of £80,000
- 7 Crews battle huge 15-acre fire in mid Suffolk village
- 8 A14 in west Suffolk closes overnight after serious multi-vehicle crash
- 9 Residents help firefighters tackle huge blaze near homes
- 10 Police seize lorry on A14 after driver had no licence or insurance
Landguard Fort will also feature a “Night of the Macabre” on Saturday, when visitors will explore dark tunnels and rooms packed before a “weird and whacky” cabaret show.
Events co-ordinator Stephen Rampley said: “Everyone is welcome to come and discover this new special event which is something completely different for both adults and children. It promises to be a real spectacle to remember.”
Visit Discover Landguard for information and tickets