‘A real spectacle to remember’ – New steampunk festival to launch in Suffolk
- Credit: Steampunk Festival
A steampunk “extravaganza” is launching on the Suffolk coast, featuring curiosities with a Halloween twist.
The inaugural Felixstowe Steampunk Halloween Festival takes place at Landguard Fort and Felixstowe Museum this Saturday and Sunday.
Fusing the Victorian era with technological advancements, the steampunk ethos offers up eccentric inventions such as steam-driven airships to mechanical time machines.
Organisers of the family festival say it is “packed with steampunk curiosities”.
Attractions include live music, magic shows, birds of prey, a Meccano display, hamster racing and Wild-West style shoot-outs.
You may also want to watch:
Children can learn archery, meet Bob the Steampunk Dog and solve the pumpkin quiz trail, while adults are invited to visit the Time Travelling Tea Tent, explore the Steampunk marketplace and enjoy the wacky Wattingers.
Visitors are encouraged to dress in their “steampunk finery”.
- 1 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 2 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 3 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 4 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 5 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 6 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 7 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 8 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 9 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 10 Hadleigh dad fights to reverse diabetes diagnosis
Landguard Fort will also feature a “Night of the Macabre” on Saturday, when visitors will explore dark tunnels and rooms packed before a “weird and whacky” cabaret show.
Events co-ordinator Stephen Rampley said: “Everyone is welcome to come and discover this new special event which is something completely different for both adults and children. It promises to be a real spectacle to remember.”
Visit Discover Landguard for information and tickets