Felixstowe: Stowaways found in lorry at Port of Felixstowe
- Credit: Archant
FIVE suspected stowaways were caught at the Port of Felixstowe and now face deportation.
Both port police and Suffolk police were alerted after the group was discovered hiding in the back of a lorry at the 700-acre complex.
It is understood they were arrested within the port after emerging from the truck and handed over to immigration officials at the UK Border Agency.
A Home Office spokesman said: “We can confirm that Port Police at Felixstowe arrested five suspected stowaways on Tuesday morning.
“The stowaways are not believed to have entered the UK illegally at Felixstowe but at another port.
You may also want to watch:
“We are now taking action to remove them from the country as soon as possible.”
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 See inside abandoned hotel with swimming pool as it goes up for auction
- 10 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury