Felixstowe: Three guilty of teen gang rape
Three men have been convicted of raping a 16-year-old girl at an address in Holland Road, Felixstowe.
Arturas Bagdziunas, 29, of Leeward Court, Felixstowe, Mindaugas Mickevicius, 31, of Holland Road, Felixstowe, and Aivaras Urbonas, 26, of Beach Road West, Felixstowe, were found guilty at Ipswich Crown Court today of raping the teenager on New Year’s Day 2010.
Detective Sergeant Tamlyn Burgess, one of the officers overseeing the case, said: “This was a nasty attack on a teenage girl who has been left traumatised by her ordeal.
“She has, however, had the courage to see this through and to ensure those responsible were brought to justice for their actions.
“It is testament to her bravery and the comprehensive work by DC Hannah Martin and the other officers who have supported her and investigated the case that we have today’s verdict.
You may also want to watch:
“All allegations of rape are taken seriously by Suffolk Police and always fully investigated by a dedicated team of officers.
“Offences of this nature where the offender and victim are not known to each other are thankfully rare in Suffolk and offences involving more than one offender are even rarer still.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 9 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 10 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
“Sex without full consent is rape and the way this group of offenders acted that night is sickening. We hope that the victim will take some comfort from these verdicts and that it will help her move forward with her life.”
The jury failed to reach a verdict on a fourth defendant Edgaras Sliburis. Together the four defendants faced a total of 19 charges individually and as part of group enterprise.