Fertility clinic opens in Essex
A STATE-of-the-art fertility clinic was officially opened by the Mayor of Colchester, Nigel Chapman.The Isis Fertility Centre, one of the region's leading independent fertility clinics, has moved to a new purpose-built premises in Severalls business park, Colchester.
A STATE-of-the-art fertility clinic was officially opened by the Mayor of Colchester, Nigel Chapman.
The Isis Fertility Centre, one of the region's leading independent fertility clinics, has moved to a new purpose-built premises in Severalls business park, Colchester.
The new clinic is equipped with the latest medical equipment and provides the extra space required to meet the needs of a growing patient list.
The centre first opened in October 1999, based at the Oaks Hospital. It aim was to offer the highest standards of Harley Street fertility treatment and assisted reproduction procedures to couples in north Essex and south Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
The first baby born following treatment at Isis was in August 2000, to a Colchester couple.
In September last year the centre achieved the highest success rate per treatment for donor insemination in the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority league tables.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 6 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 9 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 10 Road reopens after crash in Ipswich street
Medical director Adrian Lower said: "We very quickly gained an excellent reputation in the local area and we were delighted that the HFEA figures issued last year confirm our national standing.
"As a result of our success, we had outgrown our facilities at The Oaks Hospital and therefore this move is excellent news for all our patients.
"We are now able to offer more flexible access to the highest standards of fertility management for individual couples within our own purpose-built facilities."