Fertility clinic opens in Essex
A STATE-of-the-art fertility clinic was officially opened by the Mayor of Colchester, Nigel Chapman.The Isis Fertility Centre, one of the region's leading independent fertility clinics, has moved to a new purpose-built premises in Severalls business park, Colchester.
A STATE-of-the-art fertility clinic was officially opened by the Mayor of Colchester, Nigel Chapman.
The Isis Fertility Centre, one of the region's leading independent fertility clinics, has moved to a new purpose-built premises in Severalls business park, Colchester.
The new clinic is equipped with the latest medical equipment and provides the extra space required to meet the needs of a growing patient list.
The centre first opened in October 1999, based at the Oaks Hospital. It aim was to offer the highest standards of Harley Street fertility treatment and assisted reproduction procedures to couples in north Essex and south Suffolk.
The first baby born following treatment at Isis was in August 2000, to a Colchester couple.
In September last year the centre achieved the highest success rate per treatment for donor insemination in the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority league tables.
- 1 Top food event set to provide showcase for more than 100 Suffolk producers
- 2 Andy's Angles: Five observations from Ipswich Town's win at Forest Green
- 3 Two arrests as man suffers serious injuries in pub brawl in seaside village
- 4 Plans for former Dorothy Perkins store in Suffolk town withdrawn
- 5 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 6 Driver caught speeding at 94mph in 50 zone on A140 in mid Suffolk
- 7 See inside £715k mid Suffolk townhouse for sale after major revamp
- 8 Hunt for convicted murderer released on temporary licence in Ipswich
- 9 'A top team for League One' - Forest Green boss praises Town
- 10 Noise warning issued due to late night fighter jet training over airbase
Medical director Adrian Lower said: "We very quickly gained an excellent reputation in the local area and we were delighted that the HFEA figures issued last year confirm our national standing.
"As a result of our success, we had outgrown our facilities at The Oaks Hospital and therefore this move is excellent news for all our patients.
"We are now able to offer more flexible access to the highest standards of fertility management for individual couples within our own purpose-built facilities."