Two arrested following Fiat and Mini Cooper theft and crash
- Credit: Archant
A man and woman have been arrested in connection with the overnight theft of keys and cars from a Suffolk address, after a collision involving one of the stolen cars.
Officers were called shortly after 4.10am this morning to the B1083 in Sutton where a Fiat 500 had been involved in a single vehicle collision.
Following enquries, officers discovered both of the vehicles, the Fiat and a Mini Cooper, had been stolen over the previous night from a property in New Cut, Hadleigh.
The keys to both of the vehicles were taken via a window at the address.
The Mini Cooper was located at an address in Needham Market and the Fiat 500 was recovered following the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Two people were detained and taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
A 22-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of aggravated vehicle taking, burglary, failing to provide a breath test and driving whilst disqualified.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
An 18-year-old woman has also been arrested on suspicion of aggravated vehicle taking and burglary.
Both remain in custody.