Final line-up for Suffolk’s biggest free music festival revealed
- Credit: Ashley Pickering
The final line-up for Suffolk’s biggest free music festival has been announced – featuring emerging talent and old favourites alike.
Ipswich Music Day, now in its 28th year, is due to take place on Sunday, July 1 – featuring more than 50 acts across a host of stages.
Soul Riot, Bouncing Off Concrete and Powder Head are just three of the bands performing on six stages sponsored by BBC Radio Suffolk, Suffolk New College, Town 102, Grapevine and the University of Suffolk.
Suffolk’s own Ed Sheeran will even be there in spirit – with a stage named in his honour.
Other bands confirmed include The Super Things, Hemmingway, Saving Scarlett, Alfie Indra and the ELO Encounter.
You may also want to watch:
Across the venues, festival-goers will have a choice of every type of music – from Suffolk folk favourites Silbury Hill and the Cliff Lane Primary Orchestra, to Trianon soloists and the Ipswich Gilbert & Sullivan Society.
Music Day is organised by Ipswich Borough Council with the support of sponsors, including summer events programme sponsor Fred. Olsen.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 8 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 9 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 10 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
Ipswich Borough Council’s deputy leader, Bryony Rudkin, said: “This is one of the biggest and best events in the Ipswich summer programme – full of a wide variety of music, entertainment and food to satisfy all tastes. Each of our stages hosts some exciting talent.
“Music Day is a showcase both for emerging acts and the return of some old favourites. Between them they will keep you entertained throughout the day.
“I want to thank everyone who has helped to put this together – our own events team and sponsors – and to all of you who will come along to make Ipswich Music Day so special.”
A spokesperson for Fred. Olsen added: “Fred Olsen will be celebrating its 30th year in Ipswich in 2018 and what better way to celebrate our anniversary than by being the proud sponsor of Ipswich Borough Council’s programme of events in our hometown over the coming year. Do come and join us.”
Last year, 35,000 festival-goers gathered at Christchurch Park for the annual event.
For the full line-up, go to https://www.ipswichentertains.co.uk/ipswich-music-day-free-music/.