Finding dairy-free and gluten-free Easter eggs
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Easter eggs are a sweet treat for children and adults alike. But are you looking for dairy-free or gluten-free alternatives?
We’ve tracked down a selection of eggs to suit shoppers following special diets, to help ensure you can still join in on all the Easter fun. Remember to double-check labels and ask shop staff if in any doubt.
Holland & Barrett
H&B Dairy Free Egg is priced at £3.99, and is organic and Fairtrade. Holland & Barrett also offers a No Added Sugar Alternative to Milk Chocolate Egg at £3,99.Both of these are vegan, gluten-free and nut-free,
As well as its own-brand eggs, Holland & Barrett also stocks branded dairy and gluten-free Easter eggs including Moo Free orange Easter egg at £4.99 and Plamil Milk Chocolate Alternative egg at £3.99. H&B has a buy one/get one half price offer until March 20.
You may also want to watch:
Hotel Chocolat has a range of seven vegan chocolate eggs and Easter bunnies, with 70% and 100% dark chocolate, which are all dairy-free, Prices start from £2 for a pot of Rabbert dark chocolate drops, up to £16 for the Hard Boiled Dark Chocolate Egg or Hard Boiled Ginger Chocolate Egg.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 7 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
- 8 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 9 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 10 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
Tesco has own-brand eggs which are suitable for shoppers avoiding dairy and gluten. The Tesco Free From White Chocolate Egg with Buttons is priced at £2.50, and the Tesco Finest Salted Caramel Flavoured Egg is currently £3, reduced from £4.
The Sainsbury’s Deliciously Free From range includes a White Choc Egg and Buttons, at £2.50, and a Chocolate Egg and Discs, at £3.50. Both are wheat, gluten and milk-free.
Branded dairy-free eggs from the store include Choices Dairy Free Caramel Easter Egg, at £3.50 and Choices Dairy Free Chocolate Bunny, at £1, which are also free of gluten, wheat and eggs. The supermarket chain also offers the Moo Free Easter Bunnycomb Egg and Organic Original Egg at £3.95 each.
The Asda Free From range includes a Belgian Dark Chocolate Easter Egg, including vanilla truffles, priced at £5, and an Easter Egg with Choc Orange Discs, at £4. Both are free from dairy, wheat and gluten. The Choices Dairy Free Chocolate Bunny is also offered, at 99p.
East of England Co-op
The Co-op Free From Choc Easter Egg and Coins is milk-free, priced at £2.99.
Waitrose is currently offering three eggs from the Moo Free range, the Original Organic Egg, Easter Bunnycomb Egg and Cheeky Orange Egg, at £4 each. These are all dairy-free and gluten-free.
Morrisons is stocking three Moo-free eggs, the Bunnycomb Easter Egg, Original Organic Egg and Cheeky Orange Easter Egg, at £4 each. These eggs, which are all dairy-free and gluten-free, are also included in a current offer to buy three eggs for £10, which will run until Easter.
Dairy-free eggs available from Lidl include their Deluxe Ecuadorian Dark Chocolate Egg and Deluxe Madagascan Dark Chocolate Egg, which are £4.99 each, and their Favorina Fairtrade Mini Marzipan Eggs, at £1.99.
Aldi is stocking the Moo Free Original Organic Egg, Easter Bunnycomb Egg and Cheeky Orange Egg, at £3.29 each.