Dramatic first pictures from scene of huge house fire
- Credit: SUFFOLK FIRE AND RESCUE
Firefighters have returned to the scene of a dramatic fire that ripped through a barn near Stowmarket.
Two crews have since been mobilised again this morning following reports that small areas of the building were continuing to smoulder.
A total of 15 crews from across the region, including two from Norfolk, were called to the scene last night to discover a barn engulfed in flames.
The blaze is thought to have gone through the roof and spread throughout the property, which was fully alight when firefighters arrived.
The pictures taken at the scene show the impact the fire has had, shattering windows throughout the property and leaving furniture inside charred.
A spokeswoman for the fire service said there is no indication anybody was hurt in the blaze.
Police were made aware of the incident but did not attend. The cause of the fire is not yet known.
- 1 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 7 'The bigger picture is the result' - Cook on Crewe win
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Crewe win
- 9 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 10 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home
The blaze also caused disruption on local roads, with motorists advised to avoid the area while fire crews work at the scene.
Firefighters had extinguished the fire by 11pm.