Fire crews remove propane cylinders in Clacton workshop blaze
- Credit: Essex Fire
A workshop blaze took two hours to extinguish in Clacton.
At around noon yesterday, Essex Fire crews attended a 100% alight fire at a workshop in Knock Road.
Thankfully, they were able to remove highly explosive propane cylinders from inside the building on the residential street.
It took two crews from Clacton and one each from Frinton, Weeley and Wivenhoe to get a handle on the blaze.
And pictures show the extent of the fire damage at the workshop with a black covered building that is still standing thanks to the efforts of crews, who put it out just before 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
Clacton station manager Scott Meekings said yesterday: “Crews worked extremely hard to extinguish the fire.
"They have removed the cylinders and these no longer pose a hazard to the incident. Crews will remain on scene monitoring hotspots.”
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 9 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks