Fire at HM Prison Highpoint South in Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
A prisoner and a member of staff were treated by paramedics after a fire at HM Prison Highpoint South in Stradishall in west Suffolk tonight.
The fire service was called to reports of a small fire in one of the cells at the Category C men’s prison shortly after 8pm.
The fire had been put out by the time the three fire engines had arrived.
A spokesman for the fire service said a prisoner suffered “slight burns” and a member of the prison staff suffered minor smoke inhalation.
They were treated by ambulance staff, the spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
The incident was officially closed by the fire service at 8.25pm.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said they had no record of the incident.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 5 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 6 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star