Fire breaks out at village pub
FIREFIGHTERS tonight battled a chimney fire at a 17th century Suffolk pub.
The blaze broke out at around 9.30pm in the chimney of The Lion public house in Stoke by Clare.
A fire crew from nearby Clare were called to the pub in The Street and used an extension ladder and chimney rods to bring the flames under control.
Earlier, at about 7.50pm, a Bury St Edmunds fire crew extinguished a bin fire outside JD Sports in the town’s Buttermarket area. They used one hose and took 10 minutes to put the fire out.
Shortly afterwards in Ipswich, a Colchester Road crew were called to Bader Close where an area of wasteland was alight. They used two hoses to douse the flames, which were out by 8.15pm.