Fire breaks out in hospital waiting room

FIREFIGHTERS have this morning tackled a fire in a hospital waiting room.

The blaze broke out at St John’s Hospital in Wood Street, Chelmsford at around 9.50am.

Three crews from Chelmsford fire station arrived to discover the waiting room, part of a building measuring 75 metres by 15 metres, was on fire.

A spokesman for Essex Fire and Rescue Service said no-one was trapped or reported missing as a result of the fire.

Crews had put out the flames by around 10.10am.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus