Fire brigade’s Star Wars-themed safety video
- Credit: Archant
A Star Wars-themed safety video has been released by Essex County Fire and Rescue Service urging people not to rely on the Force to warn them of a fire.
It features a life-sized replica droid built from scratch by Safer Communities Station Officer Andre Turner as it arrives at the brigade HQ on its first day of work.
The video uses the hype around the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens as a springboard to deliver safety advice about smoke alarms.
It warns people: “Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no alternative for a trusty smoke alarm on the ceiling kid.”
Assistant Chief Fire Officer Paul Hill said: “The fact one of our officers has built and operates a life-sized R2 droid was too good an opportunity to miss.
You may also want to watch:
“This video is a fun way for us to get across safety advice about how important smoke alarms are.”
The brigade offers free home safety visits to fit smoke alarms and give advice. To arrange one call 0300 303 0088.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park