Utility room ‘completely destroyed’ in Earl Soham house fire
- Credit: Archant
Three fire crews were sent to the scene of a house fire in Earl Soham this morning - where an attached utility room was ‘completely destroyed’.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were called at around 6.45am today, Thursday, February 14, to reports of a house fire in Dial Lane.
Fire crews from Framlingham, Stradbroke and Debenham were immediately dispatched to the scene.
A spokesman for the fire service said the single occupant of the house managed to get out unharmed.
She said: “The fire was in a utility room attached to the side of a house, measuring approximately 6m by 20m.
You may also want to watch:
“Firefighters have tackled the fire so it was just in the utility room.
“That room has been completely destroyed.”
- 1 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 2 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 3 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 4 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 5 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 7 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 8 'Keep the faith' - Town fans on poor start and what needs to change
- 9 From favourites to outsiders - odds on Town winning League One drift widely
- 10 Mike Bacon: Oh, what have we done to deserve this?
She added that the fire was now out but crews remain on scene to dampen down and to check for hot spots.
A stop was called on the incident at around 8.20am