Fire crews deal with chemical spill

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a health club to deal with a chemical spillage in its swimming pool.Crews from Chelmsford, Great Baddow, Orsett, Brentwood and Leigh, were called to Cannons Health Club in Victoria Road, Chelmsford, at just before noon yesterday.

Annie Davidson

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a health club to deal with a chemical spillage in its swimming pool.

Crews from Chelmsford, Great Baddow, Orsett, Brentwood and Leigh, were called to Cannons Health Club in Victoria Road, Chelmsford, at just before noon today.

Around 25 litres of calcium hypochloride and sodium bisulphate had been mixed together accidentally and spilled into the pool, causing a gas which meant the building needed ventilating.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter