Firefighters tackle bungalow blaze in Clacton-on-Sea
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters tackled a blaze in Clacton-on-Sea this afternoon where a shed fire had spread to a neighbouring bungalow.
The fire service were called at around 1pm to the fire in Warwick Road.
According to a spokesman for Essex County Fire and Rescue Service, the blaze involved four sheds and an adjacent bungalow.
He said crews managed to put out the fire before it destroyed the property.
He said: “Crews reported on arrival that the fire had spread rapidly and had also affected fencing of three properties.
You may also want to watch:
“Firefighters extinguished the fire by 1.26pm.
“Thanks to their hard work, damage to the bungalow was restricted to the external parts of the property only.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 5 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 8 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 9 AFC Wimbledon 3-0 Ipswich Town: Woeful Blues well-beaten at Plough Lane in 'season-defining' game
- 10 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
“The shed the fire started in has been completely destroyed.”
Two crews, both from Clacton, attended the scene.
The spokesman added that the cause of the fire is yet unknown.