Firefighters tackle bungalow blaze in Clacton-on-Sea
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters tackled a blaze in Clacton-on-Sea this afternoon where a shed fire had spread to a neighbouring bungalow.
The fire service were called at around 1pm to the fire in Warwick Road.
According to a spokesman for Essex County Fire and Rescue Service, the blaze involved four sheds and an adjacent bungalow.
He said crews managed to put out the fire before it destroyed the property.
He said: “Crews reported on arrival that the fire had spread rapidly and had also affected fencing of three properties.
“Firefighters extinguished the fire by 1.26pm.
“Thanks to their hard work, damage to the bungalow was restricted to the external parts of the property only.
- 1 Major west Suffolk road reopens after lorry and car crash
- 2 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 3 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 4 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 5 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 6 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 7 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 8 Ashton on whether a new boss is lined up, the type of manager he's searching for, possible reunions and Town's timeframe for an appointment
- 9 Morsy on 'shock' of Cook sacking and McGreal's message
- 10 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
“The shed the fire started in has been completely destroyed.”
Two crews, both from Clacton, attended the scene.
The spokesman added that the cause of the fire is yet unknown.