Fire crews tackle boiler blaze
FIREFIGHTERS were called to tackle a boiler blaze at a home in Ipswich this afternoon.
Crews were called to a flat in Lakeside Road at 2.11pm. On arrival they discovered a blaze in a first floor flat which had started from a gas boiler in a kitchen.
Two fire engines from the Princes Street depot attended the incident.
Watch Manager Harry Smith said: “A home-owner has come back and found that his boiler was on fire in the kitchen of his flat.
“As a result of the blaze the boiler has flooded his flat and the property situated below. There is also a section of smoke damage.
You may also want to watch:
“We were able to put the fire out fairly quickly but unfortunately the incident has caused substantial damage to the property.”
Crews wore two sets of breathing apparatus and used one hose reel to tackle the flames. The property was ventilated by 2.24pm and crews stood down from the scene.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 4 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Former Town loanee joins McCarthy's Cardiff side
The owner of the flat declined to comment about the incident.