Fire crews tackle house blaze started in bedroom by dehumidifier

Fire-engine

- Credit: Archant

Firefighters have tackled a blaze in a bedroom which started when a dehumidifier caught alight.

The incident happened at a detached house in Nayland Road, Great Horkesley, at about 8.15pm on Tuesday and one crew from Colchester and a second from Nayland, in Suffolk, went to the scene.

An Essex County Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “Crews wearing breathing apparatus used one hose reel to extinguish the fire by 9pm. A thermal image camera was used to check for any remaining hotspots.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus