Fire crews tackle shed fire

FIREFIGHTERS are today tackling a shed which went up in flames in a residential area of Ipswich.

FIREFIGHTERS tackling a burning shed in Ipswich had to take cover when a gas cylinder exploded.

The blaze took hold in a garden in Philip Road at around 1pm and spread to another shed and surrounding trees.

Andy Hollis, who lives close by, said a propane gas cylinder blew up in the flames.

He added: “I heard weird noises, looked out of my window and it was smoky. I saw the fire and phoned the fire service but they had already been called. A gas cylinder exploded and I had to duck down.”

The fire was contained but it is understood one of the sheds was totally destroyed.