Dramatic picture shows car engulfed in flames as police investigate arson
- Credit: ESSEX COUNTY FIRE AND RESCUE SERVICE
Officers are treating a vehicle fire as arson after a car was found fully alight outside a family home.
Fire crews from Halstead were called to the vehicle fire in Ravens Avenue in the town, at around 3.30am this morning.
According to the Halstead Fire Station's Facebook page, the car was found "engulfed on a driveway close to a house".
Due to the nature of the incident, the car "exploded shooting glass and other vehicle debris".
An Essex County Fire and Rescue Service spokesman, said: "Firefighters were called to a vehicle fire in Ravens Avenue, Halstead at 3.31am today.
You may also want to watch:
"On arrival, crews reported that a car was 100% alight and worked to extinguish the fire by 4.02am. The cause of the fire is believed to be deliberate and the police are investigating."
A spokesman for Essex Police said: "We are treating the fire as arson and our enquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 7 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 8 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 9 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology
"Anyone with information is asked to call Braintree police station on 101 quoting crime reference 42/26649/20 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111."