Fire in chimney flue at thatched property in Higham
- Credit: Archant
A chimney blaze at a thatched property near Bury St Edmunds was tackled last night.
Four fire engines were called to the blaze in Lower Green, Higham at around 7.50pm.
It was extinguished by 8.40pm and the thatched roof was not damaged.
A Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “A 999 call was received reporting a fire in the chimney flue of the thatched property.
“Pre-determined attendance of three fire engines and an aerial were mobilised due to an increased fire risk.
You may also want to watch:
“On arrival, crews carried out a full survey of the property, in particular the roof to check for any signs of fire spread. Inspections were also carried out in the loft space internally using a thermal imaging camera.
“By 8.37pm, firefighters had dealt with the chimney fire using chimney rods and a stirrup pump. The thatch roof was not affected.”
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 4 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 5 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 6 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 7 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 8 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 9 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 10 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
The fire service did not report any injuries.