Fire jugglers, live music and a light show create buzzing atmosphere for Colchester Light and Shades Halloween fun day
- Credit: Su Anderson
A 12-hour Halloween-themed family fun day in Colchester had a “fantastic atmosphere” as crowds turned out to enjoy the special event.
The High Street was closed to traffic on Saturday to give the Light and Shades fun day a large pedestrianised area for activities like craft workshops, games, tours, storytelling and live music to take place in.
Colchester Borough Council leader Paul Smith said it was great to see so many people enjoying the event in the town.
“There is a fantastic atmosphere and you can feel a real buzz around the place,” he said.
“We wanted to build on the success of the Celebrate Heritage event in September as events such as this really help to drive footfall and activity into Colchester.
You may also want to watch:
“We will now look forward to the Colchester Christmas lights switch-on, which takes place on Sunday, November 29 and promises to be another special festive occasion, with lots of exciting things to see and do.”
The event ran from 9am to 9pm with a light show projection onto the town hall, light performers and fire jugglers rounding off the day’s festivities.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 7 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors