Barn destroyed in devastating blaze
- Credit: Archant
A fire which raged into the early hours destroyed a barn.
Five engines were called to the fire, in Pentlow Lane, near Sudbury on Friday, January 4 - including two from Halstead in Essex, one from Sudbury, one from Long Melford and one from Clare.
When crews arrived, they reported the whole barn was alight.
Firefighters were worried that several large cylinders that were kept inside the barn could be volatile and so they worked quickly to remove them before cooling them away from the blaze.
They then worked on extinguishing the fire but the barn collapsed and was completely destroyed.
The fire was extinguished at 2.30am and the cause of the fire is unknown.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 3 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 4 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Hazel O'Connor's Sudbury shows cancelled due to 'serious medical incident'
- 8 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 9 'If we're clever there's lots to learn' - McKenna on Town's Bolton lessons
- 10 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich