Barn destroyed in devastating blaze
- Credit: Archant
A fire which raged into the early hours destroyed a barn.
Five engines were called to the fire, in Pentlow Lane, near Sudbury on Friday, January 4 - including two from Halstead in Essex, one from Sudbury, one from Long Melford and one from Clare.
When crews arrived, they reported the whole barn was alight.
Firefighters were worried that several large cylinders that were kept inside the barn could be volatile and so they worked quickly to remove them before cooling them away from the blaze.
They then worked on extinguishing the fire but the barn collapsed and was completely destroyed.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was extinguished at 2.30am and the cause of the fire is unknown.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 5 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 6 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 8 Mega theme park plans 'could add to Essex traffic problems'
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion