Firefighters free motorist trapped after crash in Weeley
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
Firefighters in Essex were called to free a motorist trapped in their vehicle after a crash in Weeley this evening.
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service was called shortly before 5.15pm to Colchester Road in Weeley, where two vehicles had been involved in a collision.
Two fire crews from Clacton attended and worked alongside paramedics to release one person trapped in their vehicle.
Essex Police officers closed the road while recovery was underway.
The motorist was freed by 5.40pm and left in the care of paramedics.
The extent of their injuries is not yet clear.
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 3 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 4 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 5 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 6 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 7 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 8 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 9 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 10 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's