Faulty lights believed to have caused fire at Wivenhoe home
- Credit: Archant
The incident happened on Saturday evening.
Essex County Fire and Rescue have attended a fire at a home in Wivenhoe.
The incident took place on Saturday evening in the conservatory of a property on Vanessa Drive.
A spokesperson for the fire service said: “On arrival, crews reported that a brick-based conservatory situated at the rear of a semi-detached property was alight.
“Firefighters extinguished the fire by 10.07pm after successfully containing it to the conservatory, which has suffered fire damage to its roof and structure along with complete smoke damage.”
You may also want to watch:
It is believed that the fire was caused by faulty lights on the walls of the conservatory.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 5 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 6 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk