Pony rescued from swimming pool
- Credit: ESSEX COUNTY FIRE & RESCUE SERVICE
A pony made a splash when it wandered into the garden of a house and ended up trapped in a swimming pool.
Firefighters were called to the property in Coalhill Lane, Chelmsford, to free the creature after it fell into the pool.
The incident happened around 5.15am on Monday October 14.
A spokesman for Essex Fire and Rescue Service said crews from Chelmsford, Great Baddow and Rayleigh Weir attended the scene.
"The pony wandered in, it is not owned by the householders," the spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
The firefighters used 'skid' lifting equipment to raise the pony out of the pool and back on to dry land.
"The pony has avoided serious injury, but was left in the care of a vet as a precaution," the spokesman added.
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 3 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 4 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 5 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 6 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 9 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 10 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'