Firefighters tackle blaze in Aldeburgh bungalow

Stoke-By-Clare-Fire-2017-GB-1

A fire broke out in the living room of a bungalow in Aldeburgh last night.

Two fire crews, one from Aldeburgh and another from Leiston, were sent to Alde House Drive in the town at 11.37pm to reports of a blaze.

When they arrived firefighters discovered the homeowner had managed to get out safely.

A Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: “On arrival crews found the occupant outside the property and located the fire in the living room.

“Using two breathing apparatus wearers, hose reel jet and thermal imaging camera, the crews extinguished the fire and stopped it from spreading.”


You may also want to watch:


Crews returned to their stations by approximately 1am.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus