Firefighters tackle bathroom blaze

FIREFIGHTERS have been called to home in Essex after a blaze broke out in the bathroom.

FIREFIGHTERS were called to home in Essex after a blaze broke out in the bathroom.

The flames also spread to the roof of the semi detached property, in East Street, Coggeshall, between Braintree and Colchester.

Firefighters were called at just after 11am on Saturday and took a little over an hour to extinguish the blaze using two hose reels and a covering jet.

The fire broke out in the bathroom but spread to the roof and an aerial ladder platform had to be called in to help.


You may also want to watch:


A crew from Coggeshall and two from Braintree attended and had to use six breathing apparatus.

A spokesman for Essex Fire Service said everyone from the property managed to escape without harm.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus