Firefighters tackle suspected arson behind church in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating a blaze which started in Lowestoft in the early hours of this morning.
The fire began at the rear of Elim Church in St Peters Street shortly before 1.06am.
Firefighters found a single storey building was ablaze.
They brought it under control by 1.44am using one hose reel and began ventilating the building.
The brigade requested the police attend the incident as it was suspected the fire was started deliberately.
A police spokesman confirmed they were investigating a possible arson at the church, and asked anyone with information to call 101.
- 1 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 2 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 3 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 4 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 5 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 6 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 7 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 8 'Dream come true': Excitement as new salon opens in Woodbridge
- 9 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 10 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business