Fire-walking fundraisers go hotfoot across burning coals for mental health
- Credit: Tony Wooderson
Fundraisers went hotfoot across a bed of burning coals to raise thousands of pounds for a Suffolk charity.
More than 60 people from across Suffolk turned up the fundraising heat to walk across a bed of hot coals to raise a total of £21,000 for Suffolk Mind.
The charity works to encourage and develop good mental health for all and the event, at Ufford Park Hotel in Woodbridge, was organised with East of England Co-op.
Among those braving the heat were James Finch, the chairman of Suffolk County Council, who has chosen Suffolk Mind as his charity for his year in office and has held a series of fundraising walks for it, and West Suffolk College principal Nikkos Savvas.
A spokesman for Suffolk Mind said: "It was a fantastic night, there was a great atmosphere and lots of supporters there to cheer people on.
You may also want to watch:
"Firewalking might seem a bit daunting but lots of people wanted to take part."
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 6 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 7 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 8 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete