First frost brings chill to Suffolk
SUFFOLK drivers were defrosting their windscreens this morning, as the first signs of frosty conditions brought a chill to the region.
Despite the frosty conditions, commuters can expect a stress free journey into work – with no sign of ice related incident on the road.
Very few problems have been reported on the roads, with the only ongoing roadworks causing hold-ups for drivers.
Earlier today, traffic was held up slightly at the A14 at Wherstead, while tyre debris was removed from the road. Traffic was moving again on the busy interchange by 7.15am.
Meanwhile, earlier trains to from Norwich to London Liverpool Street were running behind schedule due to a fault, however this issue is now resolved all trains appear to be running on time.
You may also want to watch:
Weather conditions today are set to remain dry with touches of cloud and spells of sunshine across the county.
At best, temperatures will reach 12C (54F), with a strong wind from the southwest – which will become lighter by the evening.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 8 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 9 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 10 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
Tonight will become cloudy, with spots of rain set to fall across the region after moving in from the west of the county.
Temperatures will fall to 6C throughout the night.
This weekend, Saturday and Sunday are both set to begin will showers, later clearing with brighter spells bringing sunshine to Suffolk.
For more weather details, or a specific forecast, speak to a Weatherquest forecaster on 09065 77 76 75. Calls cost �1.50 per minute.